In Dauntless there are different elements that will help us in our hunts. The elements are weaknesses for some behemoths and resistances for others. In this guide we are going to teach you all the types of elemental damage of the game and how to use them correctly.
Remember that there are several ways to damage a monster (basic, part, stagger and wound damage), it will depend mainly on the weapon. But when we talk about elements, we mean mainly the weaknesses and resistance of each monster.
What are you going to find here?
Neutral elemental damage is the only damage that has no side effects. It is the basic type, so, it works for all behemoths, especially for the first behemoths like Gnasher, Quillshot and Shrike.
Our recommendation is that you never go with neutral damage, as all creatures have elemental weaknesses that can be exploited.
As mentioned before, the 6 currently elements apply to Behemoths attacks, player weapons and armours. Exist 6 elements in the game: Blaze, Frost, Umbral, Terra, Radiant and Shock. Each one has its strengths and weaknesses.
From these elements, you have special effects that you can apply by using a weapon with that specific element. Behemoths have six elemental weaknesses and resistances. Let’s know each one of these.
Blaze is the aetheric element of fire. Blaze weapons deal increase damage against Frost Behemoths but also deal reduce damage to fire Behemoths. Blaze armour is weak to Frost Behemoth attacks.
The On fire debuff will set the Behemoth on fire and deal damage to them periodically (dodging will reduce the duration by 1/3 each instance.) The damage is dealt to all their body part and health pool.
Frost is the aetheric power of ice. These weapons deal increase damage against Blaze Behemoths but also deal reduce damage against Frost Behemoths.
The Frost debuff causes frozen status, slowing down all their movements and attacks.
The Boreus Sword and Boreus Axe are the best choices for Frost weapons as they get the most use out of their unique effects and come with a power and defense.
Shock is the aetheric power of electricity. Shock weapons deal increase damage against Terra Behemoths but also deal reduce damage against Shock Behemoths.The Shock debuff will do a Shock Stagger on the Behemoths causing them to be electrified and stuck in place for a few seconds.
The Drask’s Axe and Hammer are the stronger Shock weapons in the game. These Shock weapons deal a 30% increase damage against Behemoths’ heads, power and defense lot.
Terra is the aetheric power of nature. Terra weapons deal increase damage against Shock Behemoths but deal reduce damage against Terra Behemoths. It’s kind of difficult to decide what the best Terra weapon is mostly because the weapons in that particular element aren’t exactly the greatest.
The most recommended are the Skarn’s Axe and Hammer due to its unique effect providing a ton of survivability. With the Skarn, basically every hit you deal has a chance of generating a stacking health shield, with higher damage hits having a chance of generating multiple stalks.
Radiant is the aetheric power of light. Weapons deal increase damage against Umbral Behemoths but deal reduce damage against Radiant Behemoths.
Valomyr’s weapons have an interesting and unique effect causing your attacks to occasionally deal a large burst of Radiant damage before going on cooldown. However, the more health you lose the longer the cooldown is. Meaning, this perk is heavily reliant on your skill level and your knowledge in the combat.
Umbral is the aetheric power of darkness. Radiant weapons deal increase damage against Radiant Behemoths but deal reduce damage against Umbral Behemoths.
The Stalker’s weapons have a chance to generate Shadow Orbs on hit which increase damage by 2.5% percent per Orb.
Resistances and Weaknesses of the behemoths to the elements
Chart with all the behemoths their weaknesses and resistances to the elements of dauntless.
- Boreus: weak against Blaze and strong against Frost
- Charrogg: weak against Frost and strong against Blaze
- Drask: weak against Terra and strong against Shock
- Embermane: weak against Frost and strong against Blaze
- Gnasher: no elemental Weakness and no elemental Strengths
- Hellion: weak against Frost and strong against Blaze
- Kharabak: weak against Shock and strong against Terra
- Koshai: weak against Shock and strong against Terra
- Nayzaga: weak against Terra and strong against Shock
- Pangar: weak against Blaze and strong against Frost
- Quillshot: no elemental Weakness and no elemental Strengths
- Rezakiri: weak against Umbral and strong against Radiant
- Riftstalker: weak against Radiant and strong against Umbral
- Shrike: no elemental Weakness and no elemental Strengths
- Shrowd: weak against Radiant and strong against Umbral
- Skarn: weak against Shock and strong against Terra
- Skraev: weak against Blaze and strong against Frost
- Stormclaw: weak against Terra and strong against Shock
- Valomyr: weak against Umbral and strong against Radiant