In Dauntless there are different weapons to finish off the Behemoths, the hammer is one of them and we have created a complete guide that explains in detail how it works. You’ll also find the complete list of hammers, best hammers and much more information that will help you if you choose this weapon.
The Hammer in Dauntless is one of the most complex weapons but also one of the most rewarding. Much like the Axe is another one of the game’s heavy hitting powerhouse weapons.
Half hammer and half barrel. Use the hammer to pulverize bones and scales, and then end the massacre with an ethereal explosion. You can even use the explosions to dodge.
What are you going to find here?
The hammer consists of two weapons: a hammer with which to perform physical attacks and a cannon to hit the short-range Behemoth. The attacks differ depending on whether you are moving or fixed and depending on whether you are making vertical or horizontal attacks.
The dodge attack is fairly standard and provides additional range. You can also charge a blast wave that requires the use of your hammer’s bullets. The hammerhead inflicts blunt damage, so with an incredible advantage to stun the behemoth.
The hammer has 3 combos, each consisting of three attacks. To keep in mind:
- Each attack can be improved by spending one of the cannon’s ammo, this will inflict more damage (so more damage per stun).
- Each shot fired or triggered (expend a projectile to improve a melee attack) consumes resistance.
- You can automatically reload a bullet by clicking the reload button when the animation of a melee attack is finished (Attention, this mechanic temporarily suspends the regeneration of the resistance).
- Closing a combo with a cannon shot will trigger an etheric shock, which instantly recharges the hammer and increases its ammunition.
The hammer has 3 special abilites:
- Concussive Salvo: loads ammo into the hammer before releasing, damage and interrupting behemoths. Available from the start.
- Mighty Landbreaker: loads ammo into the hammer before releasing, creating an aether vent that buffs players. Hammer Mastery level 8.
- Molten Edict: converts all explosive uses of ammo into fireball attacks. Available only on Molten Edict weapon.
Best Hammers in Dauntless
Currently we highlight two hammers of the game that are very good for combat, these are:
- Name: Inferno’s Burden
- Power: 100-550
- Elemental Power: +80 Blaze
- Perks: +1~3 Overpower
- Cells slots: Power Cell and Power Cell
- Unique Effects: The sixth hit in quick succession deals 250 bonus damage and major blaze damage
The hammered version of the Hellion weapon allows you to achieve additional damage faster. Your 250 extra damage points will arrive with the sixth consecutive move. A good counterpart to the fact that the weapon is much slower.
Using the extended magazine mode, you can give your hammer 6 additional ammo (for a total of 6), which will allow your weapon to hit faster once your magazine is empty.
- Name: Raging Crash
- Power: 100-550
- Elemental Power: None
- Perks: +1~3 Ragehunter
- Cells slots: Power Cell and Utility Cell
- Unique Effects: None
The advantage of this weapon is that it is not linked to any element and will allow you to be versatile against all kinds of defenses found, as you can take advantage of its significant damage against all elements.
List of all Hammers
|Fall of the Shrike||
|Break of Dawn||
|Fall of Night||
|Brutality of Boreus||