The Sword is one of Dauntless’s weapon types. It is an extremely simple weapon to use, you don’t need great skills to master the style of combat with it. It allows a relatively high mobility when fighting, although some of the movements of the combos can leave you sold out when dodging.
Below you will see the combos and all the weapons in the game, plus some tips after trying them all. There are also the exotic swords but that’s what we talked about in another section of the website.
What are you going to find here?
- 1 Sword attacks combos
- 2 The best swords of each element
- 3 Tips for using the sword 100%
- 4 List of all swords
Sword attacks combos
The specialty of this type of weapon is cutting off parts of the Behemoth. However, you must bear in mind that against enemies with shells, such as Skarn, it loses effectiveness if you don’t hit unprotected parts.
- Light attack: charge the special meter quickly.
- Heavy Attack: does the basic weapon damage + the corresponding elemental damage.
- Basic Combo: Light attack x4.
- Elemental shot combo: light attack x3, heavy attack x2.
- Elemental combo: heavy attack x3.
- Combo elemental chain: heavy attack x2, pause, heavy attack until you consume your energy.
Remember that all weapons, except the Training Sword and Recruit weapons, start with an attack power of 100 and can go up to 550 improving the weapon. All swords have a damage bonification against weaknesses and a damage reduction against resistances.
The best swords of each element
As we already know there are different magical elements in dauntless that allow us to attack the weaknesses of each behemoth. We have compiled a list with the best swords in each element.
Elemental Neutral swords
Raging Blade is the best neutral sword. It is not that they are the most suitable to choose since they are neutral and do not have unique effects, but between the Gnasher, Quillshot and Shrike we consider that the best is the first.
Gnasher does not have unique effect what is a problem, but on the other hand includes anger enhancer of the hunter that gives us a higher percentage against angry behemoths.
Elemental Fire swords
Inferno’s Razor is the best fire sword. We have the Charrogg, Embermane and Hellion. Between them we keep the Hellion.
The Hellion counts on a cell of domination that according to how we have improved it potentiates us the damage against stunned behemoths. It also has a very interesting unique effect where the eighth shot in quick succession deals 250 additional damage and a large amount of igneous damage.
Elemental Ice swords
Onus of Boreus is the best ice sword. Among them we find the sword of Pangar, Boreus and Skraev.
We are left with the Boreus sword that has a very interesting cell in conditioner that gives points of regeneration of endurance. And then a unique effect that we love where the continuous use of special attacks generates icy spirits that add 50 additional damage and a small amount of icy damage to your next attack.
Elemental Shock swords
Storm Sword is the best shock sword. These include Drask, Nayzaga and Stormclaw.
We keep the Stormclaw because it has an energized cell that gives us a higher percentage of weapon loading speed. In addition as a unique effect has that after dodging through an attack, the next attack of the weapon will have 500% additional load for the meter of the weapon.
Elemental Terra swords
Skarn’s Rancor is the best terra sword. Skarn, Kharabak and Koshai are not among them.
Among them we are left with the Skarn that has a cell that can increase the stunner damage, and has a unique effect where inflicting damage has the ability to give a shield of 40 health that accumulates and refreshes with a duration of 12 seconds.
Elemental Umbral swords
Stalker’s Strike is the best umbral sword. Among these swords we find Shrowd and Riftstalker.
We stay with the Riftstalker that has wild frenzy cell that increases the attack speed when we have less than a certain percentage of health. It also has the unique effect that when inflicting damage gives us the ability to generate an orb of shadows that increases the damage by 2.5% for five seconds.
Elemental Radiant swords
Call of Dawn is the best radiant sword. We ran into the Rezakiri and Valomyr.
In our opinion, the best radiant is Rezakiri, which has a cunning cell that increases the probability of a critical strike, and a unique effect of a 10% probability that the attacks will strike twice.
Tips for using the sword 100%
- It would be good if you unlock the Reactive Hilt modification for the sword, and you’ll get it at level 10. Thanks to this your DPS, the damage you can do per second, will increase considerably.
- Use all combos: the sword is one of the easiest weapons to use. So don’t just bang the button, and learn the best combos you can make with the sword gradually.
- Choose the best for each situation; even if you like to carry a sword and think it is very powerful, it may not be the best one to use in a given situation. You must always have several favorite weapons, which can get you out of trouble depending on the moment of the game or the enemy you are facing. One sword doesn’t fit all.
- Watch out for the exotics: finding an exotic weapon doesn’t ensure it’s one of the best weapons in the game. The exotics are not very well leveled, and while they have a spectacular design, perhaps none of them would fit into the best swords in the game.
- You must move constantly: to know how to use the sword properly, you must be moving steadily across the stage. A passive player has nothing to do with this type of weapon.
Start with the Sword
It is also with the weapon you’ll be begin in Dauntless with and while it won’t be long until you can freely swap to whatever you please, there’s a good reason you begin with this weapon in hand.
The light attacks come out decently quick and can also be linked into heavy attack if you pause during your triple element combo. The heavy attacks are more vertical and slower but deal pretty nice raw damage.
When attacking with the Sword you’ll be charging up your overdrive meter which powers up your strikes and also allows you attack from a short distance. This also allows you to use your Aether dash which lets you move a great distance in an instant.
List of all swords
|Cry of the Shrike
|Call of Dawn
| Sovereign’s Torment
|Onus of Boreus