In this section of the website we will hang the updates released by the Dauntless development team. Any doubt or suggestion we will leave you the direct link to the official information.
Patch OB 0.8.3 fixes the Godhand, unleashes Winterhorn Skraev, improves performance, and squashes a number of persistent bugs.
NEW TO DAUNTLESS
- Streaming install. Added streaming install to Dauntless on console so that players can start slaying sooner.
- Improved weapon previews. Added new weapon preview animations that make it easier to see the weapon you’ve selected. Check them out in the store, Loadout, and Hunt Pass screens.
- Winterhorn Skraev. Winterhorn Skraev has returned to the Shattered Isles with a new look – and some deadly new moves. Queue up for a hunt and let us know how the fight feels! Shrike has also undergone some visual improvements to make it look even more handsome.
- Weapon demo videos. Kat now offers a video tutorial for each of the weapons available in Dauntless. Be sure to stop by and watch a few. She’s sure to appreciate the studiousness.
- Terra elemental effect. Slayers using Terra weapons will now be able to inflict an elemental status effect on Behemoths which will spawn Terra orbs that seek out and heal injured Slayers who are doing damage to the Behemoth.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Fixed a bug where users could use the Godhand special indefinitely, or get indefinitely stuck when aiming the war pike Concussive Payload attack.
- Decreased the likelihood of the in-game store getting stuck in an eternal load cycle.
- Added a way for players to see what Creator they have selected for Support-A-Creator.
- Fixed a bug where the jump landing animation could play repeatedly.
- Reformatted numbers in Mastery objectives to make them more readable. Example: Five million would be represented as “5M” instead of “5,000,000.”
- Added a new model to the Sylvan Barrel to distinguish it from the other weapon barrels.
- Fixed a bug where Slayers could lose focus on the quest log when switching between mouse and controller input (PC).
- Improved the description on the “Boost – Patrol Chest Loot” item and added an indicator to the UI to show Slayers when the boost is active.
- Fixed a bug where Slayers’ ears could clip through the Savant’s Hood.
- Ace chip costs for cell “speed up” purchases should now display correctly. Also improved some of the Middleman’s UI flow.
- Fixed a bug where the Skullforge’s blaze VFX would show even if the helmet was hidden.
- The Stealthwork Mask will now display the correct set of default dyes.
- Stormclaw lightning curse has new VFX. Good bye, sweet cloud.
- Added a slight offset to gear tooltips to prevent them from blocking other options.
- Did a polish pass on frost VFX.
- Fixed a bug where Death’s Head and Sky Anchor sigils were not appearing in the banner customization menu.
- Improved performance in Ramsgate.
- Improved deflection for players running directly into a wall or Behemoth. This will make it easier to crash into one and continue moving naturally. (Previously, running into a wall or Behemoth could cause a Slayer to drastically change direction/momentum.)
- Fixed some typos and cleaned up some confusing quest text. Yes, that includes the blaze weapon reference in the “Green Light” quest.
- Items that you transmog to will now display their default dyes instead of the dyes from the base item.
- Added party member icons to the compass. This should make it easier to locate your friends when you’re in the city or a hunt.
- Fixed a bug that caused some reward names to display a placeholder name. Rest in peace, Really Long Item Name.
- Hammer swings and war pike piercing attacks can now sever tails and tusks.
- Replaced Glacial Prism’s placeholder text with the correct in-game text.
- Reorganized the quest log so that Challenges appear before Quests. This should help prevent long-term quests from dominating the log.
- Removed an unusable placeholder emote (“End of Hunt”) from the emote menu.
- Cleaned up the way elemental resistances were displayed in the airship lobby. Slayers will now see a single strength and a single weakness for the Behemoth they’re hunting.
- Fixed a bug where banner plants could play audio and visual effects that were out of sync with their animations.
- Cleaned up and improved terra SFX.
- Fixed a bug where some interactions would fill up the interaction circle, but wouldn’t complete the interaction.
- Improved performance on VFX.
- Fixed a bug where Skarn’s vortex could one-hit-kill players using anti-stagger cells and abilities.
- Healing grenades will no longer attach themselves to Slayers with full health.
- Fixed a bug where the revive indicator could display the wrong interaction button.
- Improved Embermane’s animation transitions. They should be much smoother.
- Fixed a bug where Boreus could appear to slide across the ground instead of walking.
- Jumping hammer blasts will now correctly consume ammo.
- Fixed a bug where Slayers could get stuck in the axe’s heavy attack charge if they ran out of stamina.
- Fixed a bug where Mastery rewards weren’t marked as complete until the Slayer completed the following Mastery level.
- The hammer will now correctly consume all ammo when using the Concussive Salvo for the first time.
- Slayers can now cancel interactions (e.g. using an aether vent, reviving another player) by dodging.
- Sword Repeating Elements, war pike Piercing Flurry, and chain blades Blade Spin can no longer get in a stuck state when the user has run out of stamina using them
- Improved performance on Valomyr.
- Moved the Disband Guild button out of the social context menu. It now lives at the bottom of the Guilds tab. This should reduce the likelihood of accidental guild disbandments.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a delay between opening a core and seeing the Open/Close buttons.
- Fixed a bug where players could get reset to the airship drop zone after falling off an island.
- Fixed a bug that could trigger a weird audio effect when transitioning from the city to the airship lobby.
- Improved performance on Scorchstone Hellion.
- Fixed a bug that allowed pylon bonuses to stack.
- On the account linking screen, the “continue without linking” option now only appears after a brief delay. This will give players more time to process the message about this being a permanent choice.
- Added a progression data check to the player load sequence so that Slayers don’t spawn into Ramsgate with missing quests or an empty hunt board.
- Fixed a bug where some players were unable to retrieve their axe after using the Grim Onslaught special.
- Fixed a bug where Molten Edict could fail to create its lava ball.
- New water ripple VFX will appear when Slayers move through water. I’m swimming!
- Improved performance on hunts.
- Fixed a bug where slaying Heroic Scorchstone Hellion would not count towards “The Farslayer’s Apprentice” quest.
- Equipping a cell now plays a cool new confirmation sound.
- Polished Gnasher, Pangar, and Hellion locomotion and transition animations to eliminate any hitches between their movement and attacks.
- Increased gatherable interaction range so that Slayers can collect gatherables from 25% further away. Long, long aaaaaarms.
- Fixed a bug where Riftstalker weapons/prism could go above the stack limit when doing large amounts of damage.
- Fixed a bug that caused Slayers with the feminine body type to hold some weapons incorrectly in the Loadout screen.
- Fixed a bug where social UI (e.g. chat) could open on top of cinematics.
- Added a loading animation to the “Help, I’m Stuck!” menu so that players know it’s working.
- Fixed a bug where dyes wouldn’t properly save when transitioning between an island and the city.
- Fixed a bug where players could encounter a very dark Ramsgate when loading into or closing out of a menu.
- Fixed a bug where self-revive restrictions weren’t working some of the time.
- Fixed a bug where, after changing cells, the most recently-equipped cell wouldn’t appear in the list of possible cells until swapping it a second time.
- Fixed a bug where the End of Hunt screen might not show any break parts or rewards.
- Fixed a bug where Transfusion Grenades weren’t appearing in the crafting menu.
- Corrected war pike aiming (it was slightly offset).
- Fixed a bug where players could accidentally purchase cells with platinum when they tried to spend aetherdust or vice versa.
- The sword’s Ardent Cyclone’s finisher attack can now interrupt Behemoths.
- Fixed clipping issues on a handful of cosmetic armours.
- Slayers will now receive a confirmation check (“Are you sure?”) when resetting their controls. This should prevent accidental resets.
- Adjusted the positioning of the aether shield and stamina shield on the Player Health HUD so that they aren’t cut off.
- Fixed a bug where the End of Hunt screen could become unresponsive if the emote wheel was open at the end of a hunt.
- Fixed a bug where PlayStation Network friends might not show up on the friends list in some circumstances.
- Fixed some bugs that cropped up when switching profiles in-game (on PlayStation and Xbox).
- Fixed a bug where users would occasionally be unable to interact with objects or revive other Slayers.
- Cunning’s critical chance has been reduced to 2/3/4/5/7.5/10% (from 2/4/6/9/12/15%).
- Cunning now gains +10/20/30% critical strike damage at ranks 4/5/6
- Critical strike base damage increase has been reduced to 150% (from 200%).
- Reduced total health on Valomyr’s tail part.
- Tuned Valomyr’s teleport range to reduce cases of extreme teleportation when fleeing.
- Boreus Tuning:
- Boreus now becomes more aggressive while below 50% health
- Boreus’ immunity now triggers at the end of the shield activation animation rather than at the start
- Boreus can now summon a few minions while out of shield phase
- Reduced the maximum number of times Boreus can enter the shielded phase
- Dreadfrost Boreus’ minions deal more damage and have increased attack speed
- Slightly increased the upper limit of Spitters that Dreadfrost Boreus can summon
- Slightly increased the cooldown on Dreadfrost Boreus’ minion summons
- Kharabak can now perform personality animations during its rage state.
- Reduced the maximum distance that Valomyr can teleport away from players while in combat.
- Disabled controller camera lock on Koshai during burrow attacks.
- Shocked status will now clear when a player deals damage to a Behemoth.
- Reduced quill health on Deadeye Quillshot.
- Did a VFX update pass on Skarn’s rock flinging and recall attacks.
- Removed damage done to players when Rezakiri flees.
- Increased hang time for Grim Onslaught throws and catching the axe will now grant special meter.
- Reduced number of mines and increased damage per mine on Skraev weapons.
- We’ve heard feedback around common drops not being guaranteed on break parts. In a future patch, they will drop any time you get a part break.
Patch OB 0.8.2a is a small patch that targets a crash-after-hunt scenario.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Fixed a bug that caused some Slayers to crash when loading into Ramsgate after a hunt. This should decrease the number of crashes that happen in this situation. Please continue to report crashes if you encounter them.
War pike users can get stuck in the Piercing Fury combo finisher. We are digging into what the cause of this might be.
Patch OB 0.8.2 is a quality-of-life improvement patch designed to fix some of the most prominent bugs reported since our console launch on May 21, 2019.
NEW TO DAUNTLESS
- Third dye region. Slayers now have access to a third dye region on nearly all armours, and can use up to three dyes to customize each piece. Overall dye-able surface area has increased as well. Plus: You can now dye all of your equipped armour at once! Show us your new look with #FashionSlayer.
- Bug reporting. Slayers can now report bugs through the in-game Help submenu. Go to the Main Menu, select Help, and choose Report a Bug to gain access to the form. The more detail you can provide, the more it will help us.
- Huntboard details. Behemoth strengths and weaknesses are now viewable from the hunt board. This should help Slayers better plan and prepare for hunts.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Improved performance for Charrogg, Hellion, Valomyr, and Rezakiri. Before you ask: This is not the “final” performance improvement for these Behemoths. We will continue to work to improve this going forward.
- Made multiple optimizations to VFX and Behemoths to make them less resource-intensive. This should lead to improved performance on hunts.
- Added a shimmer to “invisible” Kharabaks. They should now be a little easier to see when enraged.
- Introduced fixes for the most common crashes that players were running into on all platforms.
- Cancel Matchmaking and Skip Matchmaking should now work as intended.
- Fixed a bug where changing your lantern on the airship could cause its UI to disappear during the following hunt.
- The Middleman will now show the correct price for (a) unlocking new cell slots and (b) speeding up cooks.
- Fixed a bug where Slayers could get stuck in the Hunt Pass screen.
- Fixed a bug where some Slayers could see and craft the previous (pre-0.8.0) versions of Moonreaver Shrike weapons.
- Using Aetherslam will no longer execute the hammer’s standing blast or incorrectly place a single-ammo Landbreaker.
- Molten Edict (hammer) will now correctly and consistently spawn its fireball again.
- Slayers who have their system language set to Polish should no longer experience Dauntless in Portuguese. It will now be in English.
- Fixed a bug where players couldn’t equip the Death’s Head or Sky Anchor sigils.
- Fixed a bug where some TVs would clip the top corners of the HUD depending on overscan settings. (You should now be able to see your compass.)
- Fixed a bug where opening the Move List on the airship could cause it get stuck, remaining on the screen for the duration of the hunt.
- Held actions (e.g. gathering, healing at aether vents) should now correctly complete when their meters are filled. This aether vent no longer tastes of … fear.
- Fixed a bug where using a keyboard to navigate the store could result in the wrong item being selected.
- The Sylvan Barrel Mastery card will now display the correct icon and background.
- Interrupt indicators will now correctly display any time a Behemoth is in an interruptible state on all platforms.
- Fixed a bug where VFX could end prematurely and abruptly.
- Fixed a bug where Slayers could go invisible when browsing certain menus.
- Fixed a bug where the End of Hunt survey could get cut off if the player was mid-answer.
- Raised Razorwing Kharabak’s health to its intended level. I feel my power returning …
- Fixed a bug where the Armour Crafting screen would show an incorrect resistance rating for armour level +11 and up.
- Added the ability for Slayers to customize their appearance from the Personality menu. But you can still make Gregario happy by visiting his mirror.
- Fixed a bug that caused the camera to reset into the sky when exiting the Hunt Pass screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused beards to show through certain helmets in the Loadout, Personality, and Store screens.
War Pike users may get stuck in the Piercing Fury combo finisher. We are digging into what the cause of this might be.
Patch OB 0.8.1 is a small repair patch designed to fix issues discovered pre-launch. Issues reported after May 21 will be addressed in a separate, follow-up patch.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Fixed a bug where players could get trapped on the Store or Hunt Pass screen, requiring them to force-quit the game.
- Fixed a bug where hair was not correctly hidden in situations where it should have been.
- The Hunt Pass character model will now correctly preview complete armour sets.
- The Godhand is safe to use again! Slayers should no longer get stuck while aiming.
- Fixed a bug where swapping weapon parts in the pre-hunt prep stage (airship lobby) did not work correctly, and could make it look like those parts were unequipped. This should resolve the issue where some Slayers saw their weapons play the wrong animation for their specials.
- Camera movement speed on controller has been increased! We’ve widened the range on the controller movement speed dial to help with reports of sluggish controls. Let us know how this feels.
- The “Aether Orbs” quest will now correctly grant the Plunge dye. Slayers who already completed this quest will receive the dye at a later date, once we run a server-side script.
- Rockfall Skarn hunts on Arid Rose (island) now correctly spawn aetherwisps and gatherables (e.g. plants, ore).
- The progression blocking issue with “I Need a Hero” (quest) has been resolved. As a result, this quest will no longer auto-complete when acquired.
- The “Connect a Dauntless Account” link should now work correctly on all platforms.
- Friend and guild invites do not work as intended for Slayers playing on unlinked accounts.
- PlayStation Network friends may not populate in some players’ friends lists.
- Slayers may occasionally disconnect or crash mid-hunt.
- Hellion, Charrogg, and Scorchstone Hellion hunts can cause degraded performance on consoles.
- Held interactions (e.g. gathering, reviving) sometimes fail to complete, requiring the player to move and retry.
- Dye selections will sometimes reset when entering the airship or loading into Ramsgate. Dyes may also display incorrectly.
- Opening the Move List while on the airship can cause it to get stuck on screen.